Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lunch at "Johnny Corino's" for less than $10

I had a girlfriend , her sister and new baby over for lunch with me and my daughter. I needed to make something quick and "going out to lunch Esq" since that was the original plan. So I made a Johnny Corino's favorite of our whole family. I served the wedge salad, modified, French bread with olive oil for dipping, pomegranate tea and almond flavored sugar cookies. So here is how to do it.

Wedge salad, modified
iceberg lettuce, chopped and arranged on individual plates
add to plates:
grape tomatoes sliced in half
green apple diced
buttermilk ranch
smoked bacon bits (already made in salad dressing isle)
candied walnuts crushed any candied nut would work

That is it the salad is very delicious I make it for my entire family at least once a week.

French bread served served with individual plates with
olive oil I add a little dry salad mix, this time garlic and Romano, to give it a
punch.

Pomegranate Iced tea
boiled two cups water
with four bags Pomegranate Celestrial Tea bags
1/2 container, designed for 2 liter, crystal lite Berry drink mix
filled drink pitcher with ice added above and then water to top
serve in a tall glass over ice
...fancy yet simple.

Almond Sugar cookies
Sugar cookie mix make according to directions
add a teaspoon almond extract
make one inch balls and roll in sugar
bake according to directions

That is it took less than 30 minutes and $10 dollars simple yet not.

No comments:

Post a Comment